Thursday, February 09, 2006

Muslim Humor



So.....Albert Brooks recently came out with a movie called something like Finding Humor in the Muslim World. That sounded pretty good to me. I love anything Albert Brooks does and I figured if anyone could find humor "over there" it would be Albert. But now comes the BIG CONTROVERSY over the CARTOONS! Good grief. I think maybe Albert has failed to find the funny bone after all because "they" sure act as if there isn't one. Come on! We get to make fun of our Presidents, Jesus (most of the time unless you're a British Rock Star), our Churches, our Teachers, our Politicians, our Rabbis, our Priests, why are they having so much trouble because a turbin looks like a bomb for crying out loud?!!! Has political correctness spread like a disease to the Middle East? I guess so. I say stomp out PC right now before we have a war over it.

By the way, did anybody see Grey's Anatomy this week, speaking of bombs? Wow! And where has West Wing gone? Are they hiding it again?

3 comments:

Clear Creek Girl said...

Yeah, I think they are going to drizzle out the remains of West Wing over the next month or two, then kill it in its cradle.
Grey's Anatomy is one of my current favorites and the bomb storyline is a winner. Right now the show belongs to Sandra Oh, 'Izzy' and 'George'.

Mom said...

Christina (Oh) is my favorite and I loved it when Burke said he didn't like McDreamy! Ha!

Brown Shoes said...

good to see you back in print mom -

bs