Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Tony and Slobby

So Slobidau (how the hell do you spell his name--let's just call him Slobby) is dead. Possibly poisoned. There has hardly ever been a time that I was so pleased by someone's death. Oh, too bad says I! Died in jail, heart attack, attack of a hardened heart, small heart, dead heart, black heart. Oh, too bad, Slobby. Yes, I would have preferred that he was drawn and quartered, or hung, or shot by firing squad made up of the people he squashed, but his being dead is a good thing. Now if we could only get rid of Saddam and his courtroom antics. I don't think we should be in Iraq, but I DO think Saddam is bad, bad, bad and should be gone, gone, gone. Maybe someone will poison him, too!

Tony! On the other hand, here is a good fella who is whacking people right and left and we love him. Bookworm could figure out the paralells and the differences, but it seems definitely odd that we hate Saddam and Slobby but love the Tone-man. Judging from my first paragraph above, I guess maybe I'd like to have the power to whack where I think whacking needs to be done. Is that it? Tell me, bloggers. Some of those who were whacked I really liked. I liked Adriana and I liked Tony B. and I liked Pussy. It's the loyalty issue isn't it....the family loyalty. Turn on me, I turn on you. Sometimes I wish I could whack my brother.....

7 comments:

Brown Shoes said...

I miss Big Pussy. And Ralf.
I shudder to think it, but maybe people who knew Slobonon actually found him attractive as well?
Many sociopathic men have an almost irresistable appeal to certain women.
One of life's many mysteries, that.


bs

Mom said...

Our very own blogolite, Bookworm, remarked once upon a time, that the villains Saddam and Bin Laden were very goodlooking men and Slobby was, too. Good hair, good bones, probably charasmatic. How else would this evil man get into power. But then there's the question of Adolph.....

Brown Shoes said...

Power can be incredibly attractive.
Or - it can make you look like a monkey.



bs

Clear Creek Girl said...

I do appreciate your hopes of bringing me back a bottle of Scotch from Scotland. You are a sweetheart! That said (as Talking Heads always say on TV), I would advise against it. When I went to Scotland about thirty years ago, several of us brought back bottles of Scotch because it was so cheap there - by comparison. It all got confiscated when we came back through U.S. customs. They retained the wiskey for several weeks while they figured out the duty on it, then we had to drive back to SeaTac to pay the duty and get the Scotch. All single malt scotches are imported from Scotland, so there is no difference between what's available here and there .... we were just trying to get it on the cheap.

Brown Shoes said...

thank you for your kind comment on my blog - you would have loved knowing Ned - he was a marvelous man.

bs

Clear Creek Girl said...

And now that you are back, have you nothing to blog about the experience?

Brown Shoes said...

helloo?????
To Scotland and back, fer the love of God - and still no blog from youse???



bs