Thursday, May 29, 2008

What Do You Believe?

There is a book advertised in my Quality Paperback Bookclub News titled This I Believe, with a subtitle of : The Personal Philosophies of Remarkable Men and Women. The description tells us that "famous" people are quoted as well as "ordinary" people. The book would be interesting, but more interesting to me would be if my friends told me what they believe. If anyone reads this blog, please comment and tell me what you believe. I will start:

I believe in compassion and the Golden Rule. I believe in letting spiders live. I believe in the healing powers of: music and flowers that are growing and any beach. I believe that when I die the lights will go out and that they won't come on again. I believe that I may come back to people in dreams. I believe that the most perfect food is peanut butter. I believe in letting my face age. I believe that my grandchildren are the most gorgeous people on the face of the earth. I believe that love is nourishment. I believe that the smell of air-dried sheets is better than the smell of the most expensive perfume. I believe that Elvis is dead. I believe that I am fortunate.

Now it's your turn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey CDD - This is Kathy (KAS). I am intrigued by the idea of composing exactly what it is that I believe. Will give it some thought and hope to post soon. Looking forward to seeing you on Friday at Hi-Lo's.