Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

If you click on the title of this post you will be taken to a very funny song about New Year's Resolutions.  In the spirit of the song, here are my resolutions:

1.  I will gain weight and then lose it and then gain it again during the Holidays.  
2.  I will read fiction all year, even though I will strive to read a "good for my brain" non-fiction book at some point.
3.  I will exercise sometimes and think about exercising more.
4.  I will watch a Netflix movie every Friday night.
5.  I will drink too much coffee.
6.  I will eat many cookies, lots of them homemade.
7.  I will spend time playing FreeCell when I should be cleaning.
8.  I will intend to do more in my garden than I will actually do.
9.  I will think about making goals.
10. I will watch The Big Bang Theory and The Office whenever they are on.
11. I will deny that I am in any way lazy and then read awhile and take a nap.
12. I will sit in the sunshine this summer and forget to use sunscreen.
13. I might clean out a closet.
14. I will pluck the hairs out of my chin and remember that I once told my Aunt Virginia that she had a mustache.
15.  I will continue my vice of accumulating more books.

That's enough of that!  I think I can live up to those lofty goals and I'd better not add any more. I don't want to set myself up for failure.
Edit

5 comments:

Irene said...

Some of those sound a little Eeyore-like.

Mom said...

Do they? Just telling the truth!

Brown Shoes said...

re your post on my blog - what do you mean by giant? it looks the same to me...is my blog somehw super-sized??? in what way?

erinkristi said...

wow, where did you get that awesome photo, Mom? That's not a Jim Morgan original, is it?

Brown Shoes said...

I am with you on 4,5,9, and 13 - 15.

bs