Saturday, October 31, 2009

May I have this job please?

Can you imagine if your were the person opening the letters sent with applications for a job with your company and you received this?

"At school he is a student of advertising, on the streets of Chicago he is a student of culture and memes. This is Advertising, finding that elusive why. Charles understands the nuances of culture, the relativity of trends, the impact of memes. He is all of us, he is the Cultural Chameleon."

I looked up "memes" and I'm going to let you look it up because I have a hard time understanding exactly what that is. Great thing to put in a cover letter for a job application, isn't it? This was an actual cover letter sent by a job applicant to a Chicago advertising agency.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It too three dictionaries to find MEME, no plural shown. If Memes is the plural, I would say this particular applicant marches to a different drummer.

Anonymous said...

OOPS!!! typo jumped in there once again.. it took three dictionaries.. btw, you did to me what I am always doing to my grandkids.. sending them to the dictionary to look up words they read and don't understand or I use so they have to look them up.. : )

Mom said...

My Mom did that to me constantly and now I am a crossword puzzle buff, so there you are. Never hurts to get that old dictionary out!