Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Poetic and Sentimental Dad



This was written by my Dad when I was small, but old enough to smile. I rediscoverd it recently.

(I know there has to be a way to turn this so that it can be read, but I can't find one, so I'm going to type the text here.)
 
Just a Sweet little thing
With a cute little smile--
She's pretty, that's plainly seen.
She wins many hearts
With her wondrous beguile,
This shy little girl
Christine.

Up in heaven I'm sure,
No angel could be
Sweeter than this one on earth.
With her dark pretty hair
And her lovely blue eyes
No price is too great for her worth.

2 comments:

erinkristi said...

I'm too overcome to coherently comment. I wish I'd known this side of him.

Mom said...

He was extremely sentimental, always made sure he gave beautiful cards and he was a very good drawer, too. I was luckiest to get his best side.