Friday, March 30, 2012

Dig, dig, dig



Zuzu


My youngest granddaughter, Zuzu, 4 years old, has been visiting her Other Grandparents, Marg and Dennis, in Kingston for Spring Vacation.  She and her sisiter, Alison, 6, generally come to visit me several times while they are here.  This trip, though, Zuzu  has decided not to come to see me.  This is what she told her Cousin Claire (Claire is 19 or 20).

“Why don’t you want to go see your Grandma Christine, Zuzu?”

“I don’t want to dig.  Dig, dig, dig--that’s all we do when we go see Gramma Chrit-stine.  When I was three I liked to dig, but now that I’m four, I don’t like to dig.”

Luckily, her sister, Ali, came to see me twice and we had a wonderful time.  Ali prefers spending time with me alone anyway.  Not having to share me with her sister is a big treat for her.  We bake cookies, play the piano, play Animal Vet, “walk the paths” (our long cobblestone pathways), clean up “The Camp” where the girls play in the summer, take the long walk to get the newspaper out of the mail box.  This time she wanted to help wash dishes. I asked Ali if Zuzu likes to do dishes and she said, “Zuzu doesn’t like to clean”.  She doesn’t like to dig either!

No comments: