Sunday, May 28, 2006

Profile Picture???


This is me wondering how the heck I can get this photo loaded into my profile. I know Fossil Guy knows how to do this and maybe he can help. I know he tried to help me, in vain, to get blog links up, so the possibility of his being able to explain in words how to get this very nice picture of me on my page is slim. I always need showing, not telling. That is the way of my learning. Help! I already tried to do as told--take the code from this pic and paste it into profile URL space, but I keep getting "too many characters" message or when I take characters out I get the "can't find page, link is broken" message. No duh!! It's one of the best pictures taken of me in a long while, so I really want to put it on there!

3 comments:

Clear Creek Girl said...

Ah! Just discovered this posting. I will think about how to do that. I believe that I put the pics that are on my site and Bookworm's, onto my yaFro site first (which gave them a unique URL) and imported them from there.
Probably the easiest way would be for you to send me a copy of the photo file and your Blog username and password and I can go in and try to do it for you.

Mom said...

The picture is on my computer at home so I will send it to you there. I could also load it to Yafro for you.

Clear Creek Girl said...

As George Walker Bush would say, "Mission accomplished!"
First I put the picture on my yaFro site, but that gave me too many characters in the URL address. Reject! Then I thought maybe I went through my Family History site, so I posted you there. Reject again. Too many characters again. Then I downloaded it as a posting to your blog. The first URL I picked off it didn't work because it had no .jpg on the end of it. I cogitated. Then I backed out and went to your site as a visitor and clicked on the picture to bring it up on a blank screen. When I clicked 'properties' on this one, it gave me a fairly short URL ending in ".jpg". I entered that in your profile and it worked. A success of trial and error, not of skills and knowledge.