Friday, June 02, 2006

Plum Duff

Plum Duff

2 eggs

1/2 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar
2 c. prunes
1 c. flour
1/8 t. salt

1 t. soda
1 T. milk


Cook and mash prunes. Beat eggs. Melt butter.Mix eggs, butter and brown sugar together.Stir in prunes. Sift flour with salt.Dissolve soda in milk.Add flour and milk mixtures to prune mixture stir this in by hand. Bake this in a buttered ring mold covered with foil (it is a steamed pudding).Set mold in pan of hot water and steam in oven for 1 1/4 hours at 350 degrees.Serve with:

Sauce

1 egg.
5 T. melted butter
1 1/2 c. confectioners sugar
1 c. whipping cream
Beat egg till foamy. Add butter and beat.Add confectioners sugar and blend.Beat in whipping cream.
Refrigerate.

This sounds like a great way to take a bit of a "loosener". And did you know that Edinburgh's loudest rock band is called Plum Duff?

5 comments:

Clear Creek Girl said...

Wow, an actual recipe for an actual White Plum Duff! Thank You, oh, Kitchen Lady! I'll TRY to make it for Fossilguy, but even the simplest receipes become terrorist bombs in my hands. It was neat seeing you and yours yesterday in Port Townsend. I ended up staying the night. It was fun, this time. This time.

Mom said...

It's not white though, it's very dark, because of the Prunes. I can't imagine how you'd get it to be white.

Why was it fun....this time?

Clear Creek Girl said...

Yes. This time it was fun. Nice warm conversations. Lots of fabulous food. I had my own quiet little room, which was so perfect. Interesting women - fun and funnee.

Anonymous said...

Mom, fantastic recipe.

I can indeed confirm that Plum Duff are Edinburgh's loudest rock band. I know this as I was the one of lead guitarists. Sadly for the privilege of playing in this fine rock outfit I am now partially deaf. Good times.

Anonymous said...

I will be making the Plum Duff for my son's birthday 8th July it is his favourite dessert and I had lost my original recipe and yours sounds pretty much the same as my old one.
Thank You