Monday, April 21, 2008

Funny Isn't It?




This is an ad that I found in the Sunday paper coupon insert. The part that got my attention is "We buy energy credits!" Yahoo--Yippee!! Good for you! Are we supposed to buy this product because this company buys energy credits, even if it clogs our arteries and makes us fat? Hey, we buy energy credits, so it's okay and you can eat our product without guilt! I think we're going to see lots more of this. On the one hand it's great that saving the environment has suddenly become the "cool" thing to do, but I think it's little late for cool. Funny? Not very.

I hope others watched the debate the other night, the most recent one of many, many debates between Obama and Hillary, so they understand this cartoon, which I found to be right on the money and hilarious! I kept wondering when Charles Gibson and my favorite news guy, George Stephanopolis, would get to the real issues--turns out they didn't get there until question number 16! For shame! Funny, but not really.

Since we're talking funny, here is a politically WAY-incorrect joke I heard BJ Novak (writer for and actor {Ryan} in The Office) say on Bob River's radion show on KZOK this morning:

"Battered women sound so delicious, but it doesn't make it right!"

He also said, "If I could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, I'd choose living...."

Now that's funny!



No comments: