Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Brain Teaser

I have a brain again! To explain: have you ever had a cold that compromised the activity of your brain? I have had that cold this past week. What happens in there, I wonder? Is it the gi-hugic quantities of mucous that are being created by the workings of the cold germ? Is the mucous accumulating in my sinus cavities and pressing on the lobes of my brain? Is my brain being strangled by the ropes of green, gunky mucous? Whatever the physical causes, the fact is I felt brain-damaged, in the beginning stages of Alzheimer’s disease, unable to make a coherent thought, remember a word, form a plan. All gone! If this is a little hint of what it’s like to have dementia, I don’t want to live that long!

1 comment:

Irene said...

Glad you're feeling better. We are all bracing ourselves here. Alison is SICK - she threw up all over herself last night at around 10:30, what a mess. So we are just waiting. I just hope Zuzu doesn't get it.