Sunday, March 15, 2009

March 15th? Really?




Is this Winter of 2008-09 ever going to end?  My poor snow-laden daffodils would like to know, as would my frozen crocuses, as would I.  Sitting on the couch this morning, with a blanket on my knees, watching CBS Sunday Morning and once again watching the snow fall rapidly, building up 4 inches in less than 2 hours, I begin to wonder!  If this is Global Warming it's not what I expected.  I think it's supposed to be the First Day of Spring in 6 days....tell that to the robins.  

1 comment:

Irene said...

I must admit that after being outside the last few days, I am for once getting a little bit of Spring fever. It's close to 60 degrees here but I know better than to think snow is over for us. The good thing about that is generally the March snow is the fun stuff - snows a gob, you can build a snowman with it, it's not too cold to go out in and it's gone in a week. I guess I wouldn't mind a little more snow, but I must say, we don't have outside walking shoes for Zuzu yet, so going out with her is difficult at the moment - she either has to hang out in the swing or in the stroller. She has snow boots but a beginning walker can't really walk in those . . .

I know this winter has been a long one for everyone out there and trust me, it's not cold enough for those things in the ground to freeze. It used to snow on my flowers all the time in Colorado and they were always just fine. Here I think the flowers know better than to show themselves before May! Just enjoy it for now, it's probably the end right?