Monday, October 24, 2005

Blogs Are Us

Let's try a new font, just for the heck of it! What's up today? I discovered a new blog, thanks to my friend, Bookworm. It's middledaughter.blogspot and it's really fine. This person is an artist and she writes like one--colorfully and without restraint. I look forward to reading her posts. She puts in a little something about the TV she guiltily watches. I don't watch anything guiltily! I watch lots of it with great relish and enjoy the ability to record bunches of it so I can watch even more! I am bad, bad! Anyway, this year I am particularly enjoying Lost. My male mate says he has never seen me "into" a TV show like I am "into" this one. He's right. I'm rivited. Don't really know why, either. Usually I can figure these things out, but not with this show. I used to love X-Files. Maybe it's like that--there are likable people such as Hurley (the BIG GUY) and the doctor and you NEVER know what's going to happen next! Some people, like my Male Mate, don't like that we don't know what's going to happen, or that the plot is all over the place, but I do! Suprise me, I say! And take that Reality Show Crap off. Stop doing that. Fiction has been popular for thousands of years because we like made up stories! We like to end the chapter not knowing how the next one will begin.

And I started a new (old really) Anne Tyler novel yesterday--Celestial Navigation. It's cozy to read Tyler because you know she's going to write about quirky families. But, as with Lost, you never know where she's going to go with them. I just finished Middlesex, Jeffrey Eugenides, and it's worth recommending, especially, if, like me, you are married to a half-Greek, and you want to know more about how Greek families operate. There's lots more to it than that, but that got me started.

Over and out for today.

2 comments:

Brown Shoes said...

A big Hoo-Rah to you, proud T.V. watching mom...I am glad to know there are some people out there who are still unashamed to indulge in the old tube. I too love many things on the small screen, but must suffer a bit for my pleasure as my male mate thinks he is above it. I missed out on the first year of Lost, so I plan to catch up with it on DVD as soon as Netflix gets it, and then pick it up on the telly. Many are raving about it. Thank you for the kind comments about my blog - I am learning as I go, and find it a lot like journaling, but interactive if one wishes, which is a wonderful option.
I will peruse your blog tonight and comment more there.
BrownShoes

Mom said...

A very public journal, but a good blasting off place for opinions and feelings. I used to journal all the time but email and now this have taken it's place. Damn it though, I can't think how to print this and put it in my journal book. I don't trust this ether!