Wednesday, October 26, 2005

This Might Be Steven Wright

I might be stealing from the comic I most love, Steven Wright, with the deadest pan there is, but here is a thought for the day:

Protons have mass? I didn't know they were Catholics!

Yeah, I'm sorta blotto today. The Good Coffee Man didn't come today so I'm drinking company coffee. Company coffee is what we are provided (company Perk--pun intended) and it goes through a machine that cannot be cleaned. I am not sure I want to contemplate what might be in the coffee maker after years of uncleanness. The coffee is dreadful but it has caffiene in it and just enough coffee flavor to make me feel okay about
not stopping to buy something waaaaaay better. I would have been late to work and I would have had to get into my change to buy an Americano, one of the cheapest drinks available. That would have made me feel like a junky, which I'm not really.....really, I'm not. Really.

6 comments:

Brown Shoes said...

I relate to your caffene issue - this morning I had 'after-thought coffee' - which is what you get when your husband drinks more of the 1st pot than he meant to, and adds water so you will have something hot and basically brown to drink when you get up.
I was late, so I had to make do with the foul brew, but I caved after work and had a split-top, triple shot latte. What has become of me?
I wanted to ask you earlier, but think I did not - have you and I met? At a recent birthday party?
Be well until we blog again -

artmommusings said...

My employer's coffee perk, is offering us the "conveince" of using our badges to pay for our coffee addictions. Of course, it comes out of our paychecks every two weeks, and somehow when I pay $3.50 twice a day that old folk song "I sold my soul to the company store" comes flooding into my well buzzed psyche.

thank goodness our addictions are legal.

Anonymous said...

A coffeepot that hasn't been cleaned for years? Sounds like my coffee cup. The flavor is in the patina! Every morning I grind the bean and make a pot for Kay (while I drink Instant because I can't wait that long). Daughter Kelly loves my coffee, but brother Neil and his seventh wife went to a cafe to avoid my coffee. They were brown water drinkers from Eastern Washington.
....Jim

Mom said...

Artmom, Jim and Brown Shoes,

I guess we are all alike in our addiction. I often wonder what I would be like without it--I ask the same about the Paxil I take every day. I think I wouldn't be as good. Brown Shoes, I did not meet you at a recent B'day party because I was in Alaska on that day. I possibly have met you some time longer ago, however.

Brown Shoes said...

To Mom - aha- I am no longer as confused as I was, because I think we have actually not met, as of yet.
To Jim - Hmmm, the patina in your coffee cup reminds me of a friend I once had who didn't change the grounds in his coffee pot for days at a time. It was the old top-of-stove percolator, and he would just add a few new grounds to the old already there (poor, lazy, insane shake-rat hippie??). The last time he did this, after many days of the same grounds again and again, his coffee started tasting nasty and he finally pulled the basket out to add totally new coffee. Which was how he discovered the VERY dead mouse lying in the bottom of the coffee pot...

Mom said...

Oh, Gawd!!!! That's a dang good reason to have a pot you can clean! Who knows what's in our pot here at work!!??!!!##$$%%%^Y@W$@