Monday, October 17, 2005

A Good Daddy


Today I want to write about what a great father my son is. I hope my daughters don't mind. I think they are great and wonderful mothers and I always have thought so. But for some reason when a son shows what a good father he can be, it's surprising. It's as if we expect our daughters to do well because we taught them how to be compassionate and caring and supportive. We taught them (in most cases) how to cook and clean. Even if we've tried with our boys to teach them all the same things sometimes it just doesn't take. In my son's case, something very wonderful took place. He loves his daughter deeply and you can see it in the way it hurts him when she cries. He understands that his wife will be tired and need help and you can see that when he takes over the baby when he comes home from work and when he cooks good dinners for his wife to keep her healthy. He realizes that the Grandparents of his new little girl are far away and need to see pictures of his daughter and so he provides them on his website with regularity.

I can't take all the credit for this--his Dad took good care of him when he was a baby. But I'd like to think that I did something right in order to produce such a good and kind son, husband and Daddy. I must have done the same things with my daughters, because they exhibit the same qualities. However, if any of them had turned out to be a bank robber, I would take no credit for that at all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I only rob banks in my spare time.

Hey, in a related story, I just posted a little video of Alison on my site. Check it out...